Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
How SERVPRO of Lee & South Chatham Counties Can Help With Loss Due To Fire Damage
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Lee & South Chatham Counties will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Us Today – (919) 533 - 6776
How SERVPRO of Lee & South Chatham Counties Can Help During Loss Due To Water Damage
Call the experts to help with your commercial water loss!
As a business owner, you are always thinking about the future, and you know that disasters are something you need to be prepared for. When disaster strikes, possessions are often ruined, and the structures of businesses can be negatively affected. Staff can become injured or find themselves in dangerous situations, and these are scenarios you want to be able to prevent or at least be ready for. A professional damage restoration company can be an important and welcomed resource during times like these; such companies are able to complete all necessary repairs in a timely and efficient manner as well as keep you and your workforce out of harm’s way.
While disastrous situations can rarely be foreseen, planning ahead in preparation for any possible commercial water damage will help you be prepared to handle such an event. During extreme weather, some areas of your business are going to be more apt to experience damage than others. For example, low-lying areas like basements, cellars, and parking lots are most likely to experience storm damage.
Planning ahead in these areas will help:
- Basements and cellars should be inspected ahead of wet weather since they have a number of easy entry points for water. If there is heavy rainfall during inclement weather, or if the building is near a body of water such as a lake or river, they are going to be in danger. Let the SERVPRO of Boise professionals look for cracks in the foundation, ceiling, and walls of these areas. Handling the aftermath of flooding and storm damage can be very expensive, but is an event that can be avoided if you plan ahead by enlisting the help of our team.
- A damaged roof, either from weather or fire, is susceptible to water damage, and the areas underneath it will suffer. If rain gutters have not been properly maintained, you may experience some problems stemming from standing water, as well. SERVPRO is skilled and experienced when it comes to maintaining our clients’ property, and we can help you be ready in the event of large loss water damage.
- If areas such as entryways, windows, and doors are not properly sealed against extreme wet conditions, large loss water damage is a definite danger. We can help you make sure they are free of standing water and debris, as well, if flooding occurs. Proper planning in this area can prevent injuries and costly repairs.
- Our professionals can help ensure that all areas around your buildings are kept free from flammable materials and that all plants and trees are trimmed well on a regular basis to prevent fires from spreading if they occur.
- State law requires that you post an evacuation plan in a visible place for your staff and customers. Make sure that your employees understand it and know how to carefully guide clientele to safe areas should a disaster occur. Have a phone tree established so that all employees are alerted to important information whether they are at work or at home.
Our team here at SERVPRO of Lee & South Chatham Counties is ready to help in case of disaster and large loss water damages, and the repairs your business may need in the aftermath. We are also experts in fire damage restoration, mold remediation, commercial restoration, and much more!
SERVPRO Is Ready To Handle Your Flood Restoration In Pittsboro
Our team is available 24/7 to help you with your flood restoration. We have the right equipment to handle any job big or small so call us today.
Contamination of Your Pittsboro Home from Natural Flooding
Natural flooding can occur in your Pittsboro home without much warning, especially when storm systems move into the area quickly. Those in lower lying areas have likely already had close calls or experienced flooding in the past, but each experience offers new hurdles to overcome and can prove costly to repair and restore without home insurance coverage that protects the homeowner against natural disasters like this. Whether you have this coverage or not, it is critical to get trained professionals to your home immediately following the emergency to prevent the spread of damage to unexposed areas of your home and to reduce the spread of bacteria and contamination carried in with the invading water.
One concern about flood damages in your Pittsboro property is the contaminants and hazards that it could present within your property. Many homeowners do not realize the risks of chemicals, sewage, bacteria, and other potential biohazardous materials that could enter their home with floodwater. Our SERVPRO team has gotten prepared for flood recovery, beginning with our extensive training in safety and the use of personal protective equipment.
Each of our team members dispatched to the flood damage emergency has IICRC training and certifications in water restoration and disaster recovery. We can quickly assess the full scope of the damage and work to extract the water quickly from the exposed areas with equipment like our truck-mounted pumps capable of removing floodwater at 300 psi.
Many of the exposed materials must get removed to eliminate the potential spread of bacteria and to prevent contaminated structural elements from allowing secondary effects like mold growth from forming. Our team is available 24/7 to provide the fastest possible response to emergencies that threaten your home and to limit the spread of the flood damage that can increase the cost of restorations.
While you might not think of floodwater as a contaminant for your home, this is one of the primary concerns for our SERVPRO of Lee & South Chatham Counties rapid response team. We have the tools and expertise to make flooding “Like it never even happened.” Give us a call today at (919) 533-6776.
Learn about the history of Pittsboro click here for more information.
Ultimate Solution for a Pittsboro Home Mold Infestation
A mold infestation can flare up quickly and spread like wildfire. Contact SERVPRO to investigate and remediate the damage.
Does Mold Harm Your Pittsboro Home?
Many Pittsboro homeowners are misinformed about the risks of allowing certain conditions to persist within a property. Situations like microbial growth can threaten the structural integrity of your home’s construction materials and pose potential risks to the health of the property’s occupants. Moreover, many of these same misinformed homeowners believe that the situation is not threatening or that it goes away on its own if allowed to run its course. Unfortunately, none of these are true.
The reason that many homeowners become misinformed about the threats of fungal growth is that few understand the work that mold remediation technicians in Pittsboro do and the destructive force that mold colonies become. Our SERVPRO applied microbial remediation technicians undergo significant training to obtain their IICRC-certifications to be leading specialists in mold removal, remediation, and damage restoration. We offer effective solutions for homes threatened by mold growth, and this begins with our commitment to respond quickly to the problem.
With the speed in which mold colonies can spread and thrive, having a team of professionals available at a moment’s notice is critical to preserving affected elements of your home from the destructive nature of this spreading organism. As the colony moves through the affected area, it erodes and degrades materials like drywall. Our 24-hour response to these situations allows our SERVPRO technicians to set up advanced equipment like our air scrubbers or negative air chambers to significantly slow or stop the spread of active mold spores throughout the property so that removal efforts can be effective.
A reason that our franchise is a wise choice for these circumstances is our advanced equipment designed to make the entire remediation process more efficient. Our commitment to our customers is to limit the impact we have on their life, and that begins with machines and tools that can get the job done quickly.
Understanding that mold is a serious occurrence within your home can help you to see the benefits of professionals who are continually trained to be the top remediation specialists available. Give our SERVPRO of Lee & South Chatham Counties rapid response team a call today at (919) 533-6776.
See Pittsboro in pictures by clicking here.